This is the page I will keep track of my list of 40 things I will do during the year I turn 40. Of course, I am sure there will be other posts chronicling these exciting adventures, but here I will keep track of the basics. If you’d like to read the original post about my list of 40, check it out here.
Ride in RAGBRAI (July 2015 – 500 mile bike race)
- Do an Endurance Race (Bike, Hike, Kayak)
Watch a football game from beginning to end –Complete January 1, 2015: OSU beats Alabama!! Ride a motorcycleThanks, Larry Hughes for the ride on your Harley! August 16, 2015
Blow things up (pumpkins, bottles, etc.)I got to do this on my 40th birthday with my friend Nicole Croy and her family!
Read the Bible entirely through Meet a new neighbor and do an act of kindnessKayden and I “boo’ed” our next door neighbor with a bucket of candy! 10/21/2015 Leave a letter in a library bookFriday, March 6 – CFC Library
- Milk a cow
Choose a word to actively never use againApril 21, 2015 The word BUSY is eradicated from my vocabulary
- Listen to war stories
- Karaoke with friends
- Simplify my entire house
Give up my seat
- Go horseback riding
Climb something(rock, mountain, tree)
- Write a letter of appreciation to a former teacher
- Prom Dress Pool Party
- Prom Dress Bowling
- Prom Dress Color Wars
Finger PaintI did this with my sister-in-law, Amy during our Christmas holiday together!
- Road Trip with no destination in mind
- Grow an edible plant
Attend a festivalRAGBRAI was a bicycle ride and festival – AMAZING!
Pay it forward at a restaurant/coffee shopPaid it forward for a sweet couple at the best restaurant EVER! Chipotle! Friday, October 23
- Ride 3000 miles on my bicycle in the year
Ride a century (hundred miles in one day)On July 4, 2015 I rode from Vicksburg, Michigan to Fort Wayne, IN – 100 miles!
Make a snow angel in shorts and a t-shirtFeb. 2, 2015 See video here:
- All food I eat has to start with my initials for an entire day
- Work at a grocery store until they notice I don’t work there and ask me to leave
- Memorize the Apostle’s Creed and the Beatitudes
Serve at the homeless shelterCollecting socks for Socktober to give to the Homeless!! (2 boxes already!)
- Give a $100 bill to someone in need
Get 1,000 hits on a blog postSee my Back to School Letter to Students & Parents!! Over 330,000 hits (so far!) on my 10 reasons you don’t need a boyfriend (or girlfriend) in high school!
Teach 1,000 miles on my bicycle (Cycling Sessions)Finished the miles, now working on the video!
Sleep under the starsRAGBRAI (July 2015) and family camping
- Learn to shoot a bow
- Ride a mechanical bull
- Commit acts of kindness on a weekly basis
- BONUS BOX! I’m leaving this one open to all the other great ideas I come up with. There could be 10 more, there could be 20!! Woot! Can’t wait for my year!